§ 202 Assistance Options
A. To address the ongoing recognized needs of the San Juan Southern Paiute Tribe and its Tribal Members the following Assistance Options are available through the Elder and Disabled Assistance Program. The Assistance Options listed in the parenthetical language are illustrative rather than an exhaustive list:
1. Accessibility Improvements – this includes housing accessibility improvements to ensure safety, wheelchair ramps, handicap accessibility for bathrooms and showers, etc.
2. Meal Delivery and Food Preparation - assistance to ensure elder and disabled Tribal Members are receiving safe and adequate food and nutrition.
3. Heat and Energy Assistance – assistance in providing wood, coal, propane or utility payments to ensure safe heating and electricity.
4. Other Equipment – assistance in obtaining medical equipment or supplies.
5. Any other assistance or incentive deemed necessary by the Tribal Council to support the purpose of this Chapter and the needs and welfare of the Tribe and its Tribal Members.
B. The Tribal Council shall approve the descriptions of each of the Assistance Option and details of each option shall be include in whole or summarized as part of the Elder and DisabledAssistance Application.
C. An Applicant may request more than one Assistance Option on a single Application and may be approved for one Assistance Option and denied another based on eligibility criteria, available funding and at the discretion of the Tribal Council, with reasonable justification.
[Legislative History: Enacted by Resolution No. 2018-72, 10/5/2018; Amended by Resolution No. 2019-03, 1/18/2019]